BEAUTY

REVIEW : COLOURPOP LIPPIE STIX

Tuesday, August 04, 2015



Colourpop has been the it thing lately. Started from their Lippie Stix and Pencil and eyeshadows, they then venture to cheek products, releasing their own formulation of blush, highlighter and bronzer. They also just joined in the liquid lipstick parties. However, what I'm going to talk about today is their oldie but goody Lippie Stix.

Colourpop Lippie Stix first came out with three finishes: cream, satin and matte. Now, they have a bunch of other finishes like pearlized, hyper-glossy, sheer and no finish (yes, there are no-finish finish lipstick in their line). I bought mine early in the day, so unfortunately, this post is about their matte and satin finish.

Lumiere (matte),  a collaboration with Kathleen Lights, a dusty mauve pink.
Kathleen made this one so that "both bold and shy people could wear. It's not a nude.." but "..it would look great on EVERYONE". This does look great on her (like every other color in this planet. Love her), however I found Lumiere a tad too dark and purple for me. I heard Lumiere is a dupe for Nars Audacious Anna, however when I swatched Anna in store, I feel like Anna is a bit rosier, thus might be more wearable. I personally don't have Anna in my possession, so don't quote me on this.

Brink (matte), a collaboration with @britannysuleiman, a warm dusty taupe.
"Inspired by the insta-famous Kylie lip", this is not as brown as the one Kylie used IMO. A good thing for me, because I can't pull off brown lips.

Frida (satin), a collaboration with Coffee Break with Dani, warm mid tone nude pink.
However, I'd say this is a peachy pink, and this is my favorite. A peachy MLBB that's perfect for everyday.


Packaging: long, pencil-like, retractable, slim plastic tube. Great job on the bullet, effortless precise application every time. I also love how they have not only the shade names but also the colors on the bottom.
Pigmentation: Rich. A one-swiper.
Scent: Vanila-ie. Not too strong, but noticeable.
Texture: Soft and creamy. But not those that will melt and break too easily.
Application: Smooth. No tugging at all. Layers beautifully too. No reapplication problem. Can be applied directly without a lip liner.
Finish: Both matte and satin finish have a little bit of sheen, nothing dead-matte, which I prefer.
Wear Time: Around 5 hours without eating. However once you eat, reapplication is certainly needed.
On The Lips:
I'm not a fan of how the product sits on my lips. I can feel it on, and I cannot say that it doesn't bother me. Not that it dries my lips. These Lippie Stix are not drying nor moisturizing. They do transfer to your cups, but not much. And as far as the matte and satin ones, they don't slip or feather outside your lips.
Does it worth the price?
100% yes. For $5 a piece, this is a stellar product.
Is it a must-have?
I don't think so, but it is worth trying out. This is a fantastic budget makeup with variety of colors and finishes to choose from. If you like to play with colors, this might be your best options :)
Will I repurchase?
I don't think so, unless they came out with something that really intrigues me. Although it is $5 in the US, sadly it is almost double the price where I live.
Other things to note?
This is a gluten free and vegan product. However not all of Colourpop products are vegan, some of their shadows and cheek products aren't. Please refer to their FAQ to see the list of the exceptions.

Have you tried any products from Colourpop? What do you think of their lippies?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh, I love these shades so much! Wish Colourpop was available in the UK. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not available here too actually. But there are third party sellers that sell them, the price is almost double though :( Well better than nothing at all I guess :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Please leave a comment so that I can check you out too ;)
Constructive criticisms and suggestions are always appreciated.

SUBSCRIBE





Like us on Facebook