Brand: MARIO BADESCU

REVIEW : MARIO BADESCU FACIAL SPRAY WITH ALOE, HERBS AND ROSEWATER

Tuesday, August 11, 2015




Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater (phew, what a mouthful name) is the only hydrating mist in the line. Like the name suggests, it is made with aloe vera, herbal extracts, and rosewater. Aiming to be a gentle product that suits all skin type, even sensitive skin. I love facial mist. I find it to be refreshing and relaxing at the same time. My dry skin appreciates any kind of hydration and this one is no exception.

Products Claim:
With fragrant herbal extracts and rosewater inside, this is a refreshing, hydrating mist that can be use anywhere anytime for dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin. Can be used for a boost of hydration or to set make-up or hydrate dry hair throughout the day. Safe for all skin types. Gentle, non-irritating. (source: Mario Badescu site.)

Packaging:
Frosted plastic bottle with a spray head. The spray though will not give you a mist, but a rain. LOL. It has a label for the product name, ingredients and all that jazz around the bottle. The label stops on the side, giving us a window to see how much product is left. As you can see, mine is almost gone.

Size:
Available in two sizes, 4 fl. oz (118 ml) and 8 fl. oz (236 ml). Mine is 4 fl. oz :)

Scent:
A faint rose scent that will linger for a while after you spray the product on your face, but nothing overwhelming. I quite love it.

Texture:
Well, it is a facial spray, so of course it comes in liquid form. To add to the aesthetic point, it is pink.

Applicaton/On the Face:
As said, the spray will give you dollops of water instead of a mist. So this will not be suitable to use as a makeup setting spray, as it will definitely destroy your makeup instead of setting it. LOL. I use this as a second toner after I use exfoliating ones. And even as a toner, I can't stand the way this drops water on my face. I actually changed the head with The Body Shop one (seen in my July Empties post) so that I can experience a finer mist. Once on my face, I usually massage it in to fasten the absorption, then continue on the next step in my skincare routine. Without massaging, this absorbs pretty quickly in itself though. I am just impatient. Once absorbed, it won't leave a greasy film or any residue. I actually like this more than The Body Shop one. This is more hydrating, and leaves my skin more supple and soft.

Does this live up to the claims?
I cannot comment on the hair-mist claim. I actually didn't know this could be use on hair before writing this review, so I never use this on my hair. One thing that bothers me is that this has fragrance listed as one of the ingredients. And fragrance can be an irritant for some people. Besides that, I'd say this does live up to the claims. Although if you want to use this to set your make up, you might need to change the head to a finer one.

Is it a must-have?
There are lots of facial mists out there, targeting for tons of different skin concerns. If you have a pretty much normal face, I'd say you need this. However if you have specific concerns regarding your skin, this will not be enough to meet those concerns.

Will I repurchase?
Yes. I enjoy this product so much. I'll definitely repurchase.

Things to note:
Paraben and alcohol free. Contains fragrance.
Full list of ingredients as seen on the picture below, or you can visit here.

...

What is your favorite facial spray? I'm always open to try another!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. this is a fave of mine--glad to see you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Please leave a comment so that I can check you out too ;)
Constructive criticisms and suggestions are always appreciated.

SUBSCRIBE





Like us on Facebook