BEAUTY

REVIEW : TOO FACED CHOCOLATE SOLEIL MATTE BRONZER

Monday, August 10, 2015



Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer is one of Too Faced best selling bronzers to date. Made from actual cocoa powder, this is the pioneer of the three Chocolate Matte Bronzer Too Faced now have. Milk Chocolate for light to medium and Dark Chocolate for deep to tan were added in after the success of this original one.

Product Claims:
Infused with antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and signature bronzing pigments to create a unique matte bronzer that neutralizes red and evens skin tone. This ultra-sheer formula is easy to customize, so you will always look naturally irresistible—never orangey. The complexion is left with a flawless finish, a gorgeous radiance, and a subtly sweet scent. (source: Sephora and Too Faced)

Packaging:
What I have here is the mini version I got from a set. So what I have is sturdy black plastic packaging, with a clear window on the lid. The full size packaging is pretty. Same sturdy plastic compact, but the color is gold and it has mirror inside.

Size:
Mine is 0.08 oz. (2.5 g). Full size is 0.35 oz. (10 g).

Scent:
Delicious chocolate smell! It's a joy in itself every time I open this product.

Pigmentation:
This bronzer is pigmented. You should use a very light hand if you are using this original one while having a light complexion. However, if you have medium skin tone, you can get a natural warmth with a light hand or go crazy by applying more with this bronzer.

Texture:
Smooth and velvety. Not much powder is kicked up when you dip your brush in it.

Application/On the Cheeks:
No major problems with applying this products, aside from the color that is too dark for me. Smooth, not patchy, and easy to blend. The Chocolate Soleil runs more to the cool side, which is perfect for bronzing/contouring purposes. But with it being a tad too dark for me, I need to go very light hand and be extra careful or I'll have a muddy face. I should have gotten the Milk Chocolate one. But it wasn't available the time I purchased the set.

Wear Time:
This lasts through my office hour. Which means around 8 hours! Indeed, the color has faded by the time I'm home from work, but it is still there nonetheless.

Does it live up to the claims?
Let's see. Sweet scents and never orangey, checked. Cannot totally agree with the ultra-sheer formula claim. For me it is quite pigmented, although you can totally go natural or bronze goddess with this. What confuse me is the claim to neutralize red and evens skin tone. I don't see how this could neutralize redness and even out skin tone, not to mention flawless finish. So I guess, it's half-ly live up to the claims... ?

Is it a must-have?
Not really. With all the hype around contouring lately, many brands has come out with a lot of options. However if you are a chocolate lover, this is a must have! The scent though, is irresistible.

Will I repurchase?
Nope. But maybe I might repurchase the Milk Chocolate, for the scent. LOL.

Things to note:
Contains talc. No paraben, and is a vegan product.
Full ingredients can be seen here.

...

Have you tried any of the Too Faced matte bronzer?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i have this and the milk chocolate--love how the packaging is different!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Please leave a comment so that I can check you out too ;)
Constructive criticisms and suggestions are always appreciated.

SUBSCRIBE





Like us on Facebook