BEAUTY

SECRET KEY SWEET GLAM TINT GLOW : DIOR ADDICT LIP GLOW DUPE ? | REVIEW & COMPARION

Wednesday, August 05, 2015


Have been a fan of tinted lip balm my entire life, I was head over heels when I found out about Dior Addict Lip Glow. A college friend wore this one day and I just know I need it in my life. However, I couldn't justify spending $33 for a tinted lip balm. When I came across Secret Key Sweet Glam Tint Glow, I was thrilled to find something that pretty much copied the concept and packaging, but quarter the price of Dior's. I immediately put it on cart and give it a whirl. Not until two months ago, when I was on vacation with my family and was passing a Dior counter that I decided it is time and purchased the Lip Glow. Today I'm going to review both while comparing them to see if the Secret Key one is a budget alternative to Dior's.


What is it?
Dior Addict Lip Glow, with color reviver formulation, is supposed to enhance your natural lip color to give you the most fresh and healthy pink lips by reacting to the chemistry of your lips.
Secret Key Sweet Glam Tint Glow offers a similar claims, that is to make your lips radiant and glowing.

Shades:
Dior Addict Lip Glow only came in two shades: pink and coral.
Secret Key Sweet Glam Tint Glow came in seven shades, varies from soft pink to burgundy.
The one used in this comparison is the shade pink.

Packaging:
Both come in a transparent pink square cap that has the product name printed on one side. On the opposite side of Dior's we got big "Dior" embossing, Secret Key's has nothing.
Both bullet are encased in a metal tube. Dior's are slightly longer and thinner than Secret Key's. On the bottom, "CD" logo is embossed on Dior's, while on Secret Key's we get shade name. Shade name on Dior's can be seen on top of the square cap.

Bullet shape and color:
Dior's came in a thin slanted bullet like we often find in tinted lip balms, and the color is pinker than Secret Key's. Secret Key's bullet is chubbier, and the shape resembles those we find in regular lipsticks.

Size:
Both 3.5 grams

Scent:
Dior's smells like vanilla. It is noticeable once you open the cap. Secret Key's has no particular scent.

Texture/Application/Finish/On The Lips:
Both apply smoothly and feels moisturizing on the lips. However, Secret Key's will loose its moisture faster than Dior's. Despite paler on the bullet, Secret Key's is actually pinker (almost red on me) on the lips and less glossy compare to Dior's. Both will enhance your look. Even when you're not wearing makeup, you'll look fresh and put together.

Wear Time:
Both stay around 3-4 hours. They both will loose its shine and leave a nice tint. Secret Key's will leave a much prominent tint since it is more pigmented once on lips.


Is Secret Key Tint Glow a dupe for Dior Lip Glow?
I say yes. Although there are small differences in packaging and the quality of the product, with quarter the price, Secret Key Tint Glow is a great option for those who want to have a product like Lip Glow, but doesn't have the cash, or just don't want to spend that much money for a lip balm.

Is it a must have?
Yes. If you are a fan of clean and natural makeup like I am, having one of these will help you a lot in your no makeup days. This is the easiest thing to use and one that you would bring anywhere you go and live forever inside your bag. However, if you are searching for moisturizing properties, there are tons of other lip balms out there that offers the same, if not better, moisturizing quality to these two.

Which one would I repurchase?
For the pink shade, I would repurchase Dior's, since it looks more natural and more moisturizing. However since Secret Key's offers a variety of shade, I would repurchase another shade in the line. I am actually eyeing the burgundy one.


What's your favorite tinted lip balm? Have you tried any color enhancing lip balm in the market?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Thanks for stopping by too :)

      Delete
  2. I've went through two of the Dior Lip Glow and the third one is on its way XD, Didn't know it has a dupe before, it sounds really interesting! :)
    xo, Jessie | Bear and Berries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I guess I'll do the same for the Lip Glow, it is just that fantastic isn't it? The Secret Key ones, if you can get your hands on it, is not bad at all, considering it is much cheaper than Dior :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Please leave a comment so that I can check you out too ;)
Constructive criticisms and suggestions are always appreciated.

SUBSCRIBE





Like us on Facebook